Help needed in Armenia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in Armenia!

I am writing a novel, with some Armenian main characters and I need a little help from people who have knowledge of the river border between the two countries at the foot of Mount Ararat.
    I need to know how easy it would be to walk up Mount Ararat on the North face, i.e. the Armenian side, the type of terrain i.e rough, smooth, spiky, deeply furrowed etc.
    I need to have an approximate idea of how tight security is on each side of the river. E.g. is it actually possible to cross the border and do people do it without getting shot at by both sides?
    The other thing that I would like to know is are there any communities that live on either side close to the river or is there a "no mans land" that prevents what looks like very fertile land being used.
    I would love to go out there myself to look but I get the impression from the British Embassy that this would not be a good idea, given that I want to know more about crossing the border illegally! I can't give any other logical reason as to why I would want to know about the border region and Armenia isn't exactly on most people's tourist route, especially in December.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
Working...
X